Friday, June 10, 2016

Chapter 23 Mega

"Every day I get in the queue, 
To get on the bus that takes me to you, 
I'm so nervous, I just sit and smile. Your house is only another mile "      - The Who/ Magic Bus

Time covered:  June 10, 2016
Place:  Mega bus from Minneapolis to Chicago


The ride to Chicago was a punishing overnight affair. Trying to sleep in a plastic chair is like trying to balance a bowling ball on a tooth pick. The money I saved from not flying was lost in sleep. The suspension was so hard that even rolling over a minor crack in the road felt like getting whacked in the ass by a canoe paddle. Even my 4 gin tonics, pre boarding, couldn't cushion me from the metal monster.





And who exactly rides the Mega bus besides the odd adventurous soul like myself?
Well, the passenger manifesto read quite similar to this:

Seat 1        Ray-Ray
Seat 2       Tyreesha
Seat 3       Big Toker
Seat 4       Lil' John
Seat 5       Leonard
Seat 6       Dee Player
Seat 7       Quoinica
Seat 8      Garrett
Seat 9       Tyrone
Seat 10     Spanky

.......................




The Chicago Metro. What a shame Minneapolis doesn't wake up to such a system.