Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Chapter 45 Searching in vain




Place:  Hargeisa, Somaliland

Time:  July 10, 2016


If you recall from the beginning of the blog, I was motivated to travel to Somaliland solely after a ride by a Minneapolis taxi cab driver who urged me to go.  Once there I was to look for his uncle who was the owner of the Italian Hotel in Hargeisa. It was a mission I committed myself to. 

Arriving in Hargeisa, Northern Somalia however, I found out that the Italian Hotel was no longer in business. It had closed down a couple years back. With only the owners first name to go off of, I knew that it could be a long arduous search to find Mohammed’s uncle, the former owner, in a big city. It could easily gobble up a day or two in the search. So I abandon trying to find this “William” wherever he might be. 

I have to conclude that the taxi driver in Minneapolis didn't keep good contact with his uncle or he would have known that his relative’s hotel had long since closed down. 

 I tried.